Saturday, July 30, 2011

Ad of the Week

This one made me choke on my kick ass homemade salsa, perhaps because I was watching the history channel and thought it was an ad for an upcoming show.



Kick ass salsa:

Here's the secret: chopped cucumber.

Okay, if you're Mexican and/or from Texas, you probably disagree with me. But that's okay. Here's my Polish-German-American roots showing. Salsa in the bottles no longer cut it once I found "fresh salsa" in the deli case ... but that was expensive.  So I started thinking about how to make my own.

So I chop small one white onion, one clove of garlic, one tomato, one half-cup of pepper (red, green, orange -- whatever you have or fancy, mix and match), and at least one half-cup of cucumber.  Add a teaspoon of kosher salt and a table spoon of apple cider vinegar and you can chill or eat right away.  It's also great when you add black beans to the mix.  But really, it's all about whether or not you have the small chopped cucumber added to the mix.  The batches without just didn't add up.

Highly Recommended