Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Rain Check on the Snow

Somehow ... I've avoided this snow storm.

A whopper hit the mid-Atlantic. Shut down all of D.C. and even caused Post Secret to be delayed by a day because Baltimore had no power on Sunday! But that didn't stop Frank Warren from posting a few shots of the snow from his cell phone -- now that's a good use of technology.

Now there appears to be another snow storm, this one hitting Michigan ...

For a few hours on Monday I got really excited. It seemed that the east side of the state would be hit harder than the west side. I didn't quite understand how this worked, but hey they had the storm watch and we didn't. The region that was going to get hit hard was defined by the highway fifty miles north of me.

By Monday night all that excitement was for nothing. The predictions had shifted and now my city did not have a watch we had a warning, and the highway corridor that was to be hit the hardest was not fifty miles north of me but less than five miles south. Bummer.

We will (supposedly) get 6 TO 12 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED FROM TUESDAY MORNING THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Tuesday is my gotta-be-somewhere day so this will be ... difficult.

Highly Recommended