Saturday, September 20, 2008

Ad of the Week

I love the song that's playing in the background of this ad. It tends to get me sort of emotional/sad -- which probably isn't what the writers intended. Perhaps that just has to do with the overarching mood I've been in for the past month or so. Perhaps it has to do with all the movies I'm watching on TV being things where I cry when I watch them even though I'm watching them for the second (or fifth) time, like V for Vendetta and Apollo 13.

It wasn't until the second time through V for Vendetta that I realized that when the crowd "unmasks" that the camera shows close ups of all the deceased characters: Evie's parents, the movie star, that TV guy and others. The first time I saw it I was simply struck by the grandure of the movie making, by the action and color. Now that I've seen it twice I've realized it is the kind of movie that can be watched twice; that there is more to it than just action and color.

I'm leaving the Grammar Flummoxed post open until Monday, so venture your guesses (the 18 year-olds did).


Oh, and tomorrow the Poem of the Week over on eileenwiedbrauk.com changes - so this is your last chance to get a look at last week's.

Highly Recommended