Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Grumbling as I get on the bandwagon.

Whenever I see these things I immediately want to share my answers. Why? Because I have an unabashed belief that everyone wants to know my opinion on everything. So why am I grumbling when presented with a narcissistic activity cloaked in a veil of social acceptability? It’s the bandwagon element. I resent the bandwagon. I own a Honda, and it is my preferred mode of transportation. That said, make room because my ass is getting on the bandwagon with ya’ll.

1. Do you still have tonsils? I think so.

2. Would you bungee jump? The thought freaks me out. I’d probably think it was great fun once I jumped, I’m the kid standing at the top of the diving board for a long time gathering courage.

3. If you could do anything in the world for a living what would it be? To get a beautiful little cottage house next to a speck on the map town and write in the front parlor day in and day out.

4. How many tattoos do you have? None ... but I’m still young and stupid so that could change.

5. Your favorite fictional animal? The Loch Ness Monster. I got a 'Mysteries of the World' book when I was eight and spent the next ten months obsessed with Nessie.

6. One person that never fails to make you laugh?
Dave. Yes, those are women's sun glasses, no, he's not gay. Who will never see this because he rejects the internet. As a college student he didn’t even have facebook. Gasp!

7. Do you consider yourself well organized? Yes, I consider myself organized. However if you saw my work room right now you’d consider me delusional.

8. Any addictions? Coffee, writing, and now, blogging. Poo on you if you hadn't already figured that out.

9. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? It used to be CNN and the Guardian Weekly. Now it's mostly NPR. The NYTimes shows up in my email inbox daily but I normally just glance at the headlines.

10. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? Carnival! Just say no to stinky elephants.

11. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to play olympic field hockey.

12. Best movie you've seen this year? Ratatouille.

13. Favorite alcoholic drink? Red wine if someone who knows wine is picking (and buying) if not I choose Smithwicks.

14. What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? List the reasons (if any exist) for me to leave my warm bed.

15. Siblings? Only child. No, I'm not spoiled. ... Okay I am, but not beyond reason.

16. *Crickets chipring.*

17. Have you ever gone to therapy? Twice I was told I had to go "or else" by someone who was not a therapist but who had power over me in some way. I went and the therapist told me in not as many words go away, I have bigger problems to deal with.

18. If you could have one super power what would it be? Ability to see the truth in people. To tell if they're lying or covering something up.

19. Do you own any furniture from Ikea? Yes! IKEA =
Furniture-Mecca

20. Have you ever gone camping? I was a girl scout. Ahem, as I am no longer a girl scout I no longer feel the need to spend the night any place that doesn't come with a shower and a hair dryer. My power went out today and I could not use my hair dryer. That is the closest I've come to camping in the past 14+ years.

21. Gas prices! First thought? I want a hybrid.

22. Your favorite cartoon character? Merriweather from Sleeping Beauty.


23. What was your first car? Dodge Dynastsy.

24. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual? For religion? No. For the government to have its fingers in? Yes.

25. The Cosby Show or the Simpsons? Simpsons, but I'd rather Family Guy.

26. Do you go to church? Not unless I'm promised food.

27. What famous person would you like to have dinner with? Socrates (see post about who I'd invite to my Tree House Club for details) Although Aquarius' suggestion of Al Gore would be great too.

28. What errand/chore do you despise? Emptying the dishwasher. I should probably be in therapy for that alone.

29. First thought when the alarm went off this morning? This beep is for the Dragon-Section. I kid you not. That's what I thought my alarm clock was designating.

30. Last time you puked from drinking? October. It was closely followed by a vow never again to party with those people.

31. What is your heritage? German, Polish, English, Irish, French-Canadian (which is a different culture than French, don't try to lump them together like my idiot teacher in 7th grade)

32. Favourite flower? Lilacs, but mostly Lavender. I was in southern France when the Lavender fields were blooming. Amazing.

33. Disney or Warner Bros? Disney. What little girl didn't want to be one of their princesses?

34. What is your best childhood memory? Making Bisquick cinnamon rolls with my father on Saturday mornings.

35. Your favorite potato chip? Terra Chips. They make them of things like sweet potatoes, parsnips, yuka, ruby taro, taro, batata. WTF is a batata? I don't know, but it tastes good.

36. What is your favorite candy? Skittles.

37. What is your astrological sign? Capricorn.

39. Do you own a gun? There is no good reason on this earth for me to own a gun. Maybe if it was a hobby to collect them, or if I hunted deer. I do neither.

40. What do you think of hot dogs? Try an all-beef kosher hot dog. So much better than the normal kind. Even better if it comes from the concession stand.

Highly Recommended