Saturday, September 28, 2013

Oct. 2 Green Man Event with Prizes

Bitten By Books is hosting an Urban Green Man anthology par-tay on Wednesday, October 2, 2013, starting at Noon CST. Drop by to chat with the editors, illustrator, and the many, many contributing authors of this great anthology of new fiction any time during the day or evening of October 2.

Oh, and did I mention there are prizes? Because there are prizes.

First off, if you RSVP that you'll attend before the event (here) and then you actually attend, you'll have 25 entries toward the $50 Amazon electronic gift certificate, provided by the publisher, EDGE Science Fiction and Fantasy Publishing. More entries can be earned the day of the event.

We'll be answering questions that you submit and discussing how we took this old myth and made it new -- yes, I said we. Because I'm one of the contributing authors! [inserted excited-but-not-annoying-and-completely-professional-noise here]

I'm trying to finish reading the anthology by Wednesday. I'm not sure if that's going to happen, but I'm excited to give it a go and at least finish the stories alongside my "Breath Stirs in the Husk" in the Earth section.

On Tuesday, the day before the event, I'll be posting here on Speak Coffee to Me how location, location, location really shaped my story ... and then creepily enough turned around and affected my real life. And for those of you who remember the days when I still posted bits of fiction here on the blog, it's the same location as The Trees (Jud, you're probably the only one still around from then who'll recall it).

Highly Recommended