Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jewels of the Sun

For the 2012 blogging from A to Z challenge, I'm writing to the theme of book series that I love. Mostly science fiction and fantasy, with a few others thrown in.

This is a Nora Roberts trilogy set in Ireland with a heavy dose of underhill magical interference thrown in. Although, when I went to grab images/links from Amazon today, I found that the actual name of the series is "The Gallaghers of Ardmore Trilogy" -- who knew?

I was drawn to the first book because it involves a stressed out, disenchanted, young American writer who flees to a rented cottage in Ireland for a few weeks or maybe months of R&R only to fall in love with the tiny, colorful town she's residing on the outskirts of. And as it turns out, the ghost that haunts her rented cottage isn't the only magic brewing in the Irish countryside.

It's a romance -- don't ever doubt that. But I think I fell in love with the entire Gallagher family, not just the hero of the romance.

Book series order: Jewels of the Sun, Tears of the Moon, Heart of the Sea.

Highly Recommended