Monday, April 04, 2011

Cat Catcher

My friend told me about this wooden cat perch you can buy and attach to your desk.  For fifty bucks.  My first thought was that the moment you spend money on a cat toy, the cat will find the box more interesting than the toy.  Which is often true.  Why not just put a box on your desk?

So I did.


It was an instant hit.


The box used its magnetic powers to immediately suck in any cat who arrived on my desk top.


But the problem is I have two cats.  And only one cat can fit in the magic cat catcher at a time.


So I got a shoe box out.


It's amazing how much cat you can stuff into a small box.

12 comments:

Cherie Reich said...

Aww! Absolutely adorable pictures!

Liz said...

LOL my first thought was "what if they fight over it?" So I'm glad you found a solution.

The first photo of Ash in the shoebox is my fave. It looks like she's using it as a recliner on the beach.

JEFritz said...

So cute!

That's exactly the sort of thing my cats would love. But they'd only use it if I pretended it was for something else.

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

@JEFritz: I do sometimes put paper in the box as a place sort. Cats love office supplies.

MonkeyLOLogist said...

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-cat-sits-on-your-cookbook.jpg

kat said...

hahahahhaha. awww that was fantastic.

M.J. Fifield said...

My cats always like to sit on top of whatever I'm trying to read at the time. But they do also love a nice cardboard box. I have them all over the house. Drives my significant other crazy.

Love the pics!

M.J. Fifield
My Pet Blog

Jeanne said...

I cannot tell you how much I love this post. I'm a cat catcher too and you are right on the money with the box. Love my kitties.

quilthexle said...

Thanks for the grin ;-)) I have a similar box on my sewing table, too, and it also had to be big enough for two cats. They LOVE it - and I can sew, at least most of the time ;-))

Sarah Allen said...

Haha :) I can vouch for the magnetism of these things based on the cat sitting next to me right now :)

Aquarius said...

My cat loves these boxes too. Now give yourself permission to spend 50 bucks on yourself guilt free!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Love this post!

What I'm Reading Now

Highly Recommended

Tweet Coffee