Wednesday, November 17, 2010

November Doldrums

10,359 / 50,000 words

November slogs on. The MFA process slogs on. Recently, while wishing for Christmas -- the sparkly joy of the season as well as the break it entails -- I was reminded to not wish days of my life away. Good point.

So I refined my wish: I wish that Christmas was now and that I wouldn't have lost any days of my life by having it come early.

Hey, if we're wishing to impossibly manipulate time, why not be specific?

I have roughly two weeks to get a short story into shape for workshop and a week after that I have another short story due for a "forms" class (as in, theory of the form of fiction). Ug. Neither story is particularly, um, written at the moment.

I'm so close to being done with degree, and yet so far away. Big sigh. I'm going to bed early tonight. Just thinking about the damn degree and all I have to do is making me sleepy.


But like I said, I'm tired and being cranky. And I'm in the November Doldrums. And way behind on NaNoWriMo novel as well as everything else. So I've been pouring all my time into escapist reading. Mockingjay marked the 52nd book I read and finished in 2010, therefore completing my New Year's resolution.

Highly Recommended