Monday, April 05, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Yesterday I spent an entire afternoon accomplishing household things. I swept, I vacuumed, I retrieved cat toys from under the washing machine, I took apart the vacuum and cleaned the canister filters, I did dishes, I shined my sink and made a southern woman I've never met very proud of me. I even did my taxes.

Why leave taxes until April when you think you're going to get a refund? Because I hate going through the process. Once I have a real job and am no longer a grad student I will gladly pay someone to do my taxes for me. Even with all the simple DIY (but pay for it) programs out there I still hate filing.

Then I went and burned mozzarella to the bottom of my oven, which makes a lovely smell, btw.

And then my mother joined Facebook. It was a momentous weekend.

Highly Recommended