Wednesday, December 02, 2009

I can see the finish line ... now what?

I've been floundering a lot trying to figure out what to do with myself. Floundering isn't the right word. Thinking, is, perhaps, the right word.

In just three weeks I will be DONE with both semester coursework and grading. I will have two weeks of total and utter freedom (with the exception of spending the holidays with my family). But even after that I will not be teaching. So I keep thinking what would I do if I could do anything I wanted? The answer, it seems, is everything. I keep thinking that I have "free time" and so I now have a three foot long list of things to fill that supposedly free time. Yes, many of them come with the tags "must" but more and more and more of them come with the tags "should" ... and it's sorting out all those "shoulds" that's getting me stuck.

But for right now this is only day dreaming. I have lots, and lots, of teachery grading to do in the next three weeks.

Highly Recommended