Friday, September 25, 2009

Quote Post

The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.
- Flannery O'Connor

If the writer is involved in an emotion that too will be transferred through all the steps it takes to get a story from the mind to the reader. I have made [people] weep to hear me read the last four paragraphs of that story (The Ship Who Sang). Of course I'm weeping too, and barely able to speak; I wrote it as therapy for the grief I felt for the death of my father.
- Anne McCaffrey

"A writer without a social conscience is like a frog without a vacuum cleaner."
- Loren Estleman

Don't ask so much what the world needs. Go out and do what makes you come alive, because what the world needs most are people who have come alive.
- Howard Thurman

The best way out is always through.
- Robert Frost

A person is a fool to become a writer. His only compensation is absolute freedom. He has no master except his own soul, and that, I am sure, is why he does it.
- Roald Dahl

"If thou art a writer, write as if thy time were short, for it is indeed short at the longest."
- Henry David Thoreau

If my doctor told me I had six minutes to live I wouldn't brood. I would type a little faster.
- Issac Asimov

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, It's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, And that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
Dr. Seuss


We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. When the loyal opposition dies, I think the soul of America dies with it
- Edward R. Murrow

Highly Recommended