Thursday, June 16, 2011

Camp NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo, yes that NaNoWriMo, is starting a summer camp. July and August 2011 will feature the first ever Camp NaNoWriMo competitions. It's like NaNo ... but in the summer. And with limited promotion and hopefully a smaller participant pool. I say hopefully because the Office of Light and Letters (the people who do all the logistics) are redoing their website(s) during that time, providing a scaled down Camp NaNo in July and ideally a fully functional Camp NaNo in August. And they're overhauling the main NaNoWriMo site at the same time. That's a lot of hoping and doing.

The actual Camp NaNo site isn't up yet as I'm writing this post.  But it is supposed to appear sometime in the latter half of June.

I have heard a few people around the internet who are all OMG!MOAR!NaNo!NOAW! But as for me . . . I don't know.  Also I have a stretch of downtime that doesn't align with the calendar-month style of NaNo, from mid-June to mid-July.

Any takers?  Anyone packing up for Camp Anawanna NaNoWriMo?

Highly Recommended