Tuesday, February 22, 2011

You're fired

Yesterday = ice storm.  Half the city without power, the other half creeping along roads where none of the stop lights work while trying to avoid downed branches.  The photo is not me or my car--thankgoodness--but it is from the local paper.  It took me 45 minutes to scrape the ice off my car at noon on Monday.  I had tried at 7:45 AM to scrape it off, but after ten minutes of scraping and only excavating an area the size of a silver dollar on the passenger side window (I started there b/c the ice was the thinnest there), I gave up.  Went back inside, tried to contact the department, and emailed my class.  There was no way I was going to make it there before 9:00 AM.

Snowmageddon, sub-zero temps, a teaser week in the 40s and now an ice storm -- all within the space of a month.

I normally don't behave like this, but ... Winter, you've been vetoed.  You're fired. Auf wiedersehen. The tribal council has spoken. Your banner must fall. You're no longer in the running to be America's next top model.  Pack your knives and go.  You've been chopped.  We're going to have to send you home.

Highly Recommended