Saturday, January 01, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm rather at peace with the notion of the new year.  Not bursting at the seams with resolutions and notions and ambition, but neither am I grouchy and jaded about it.

I feel ready for this year.  I've already spent a lot of time thinking and planning about 2011--perhaps this is why when I went to write 1/1/11 today, I didn't flinch.  It took me ages to learn to write '10 instead of '09.

Then again, in early 2010 and very late 2009, I was working off anger and frustration.  I said I'd achieve various goals to "show" certain people.  All n all, a poor attitude for actually achieving anything.

In 2011, my goals are about me, not impressing (or surpassing) others.

My only New Year's resolution?  To read 52 books or more in 2011 and to write 500 words or more each and every day.  No matter what, I can always eek out 500 words (even if they're just planning words) once I get in the habit of writing.

Highly Recommended