Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December's first showing

NaNoFail: 14,157 / 50,000 words

Of course, this isn't all that surprising.  Especially as I altered my personal goal for the month to 20,000 words before Thanksgiving.  But if you consider what my semester has been like ... In September and October I barely wrote anything; I was just desperately trying to keep up with the flow of work and keep my sanity.  Oh and occasionally do the dishes ... so these14,000+ new words is a big step in the right direction.

Right direction: writing consistently
Right direction: achieving crazy output of new and edited fiction

BTW it's snowing here.  It's been snowing all day.  I woke up at 9:00 am and the snow had already started clinging to the grass through you could see the green-brown through the snow.  The flakes have been small but constant all day.  By late afternoon they'd gotten a bit plumper.  The roof of the building across the way is covered.  The cars have thin but even blankets over them, and it's showing no signs of stopping anytime soon.  I don't anticipate getting snowed in--it's not the right kind of snow for that--but for the first snowfall of the year, it's a very respectable showing.

When I went out at a little before 5:00 pm, I thought I would make the twenty minute trip the library and back before heading over to a reception.  It took me an hour and fifteen minutes to creep along.  At that point there was about 2" that had fallen over the course of the day.

Oh lake effect snow.

Highly Recommended