Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Something New

Spring semester of classes has started. It's definitely winter outside but the academic calendar pays no attention to that. In fact, the academic calendar here has no winter semester -- just fall, spring, and two summers -- perhaps, in Michigan, this is what qualifies as optimism. Perhaps too much optimism.

I volunteered to be workshopped right away. Not entirely certain how that happened. I remember typing the email and sending it, I remember the reply I got back saying great, you'll be up for critique on Jan 19! ... I just don't remember why I did that.

Along with the beginning of a new semester, I'm starting a new series of posts on this blog. It is uncreatively titled Thing's I've Been Asked Lately, and is mostly writing related. I've been fielding a lot of questions over the past couple weeks from friends and people on forums and since I've been thinking about the information regarding submissions, writing, etc., I'll pass on whatever humble opinions I have here as well.

So, got any questions?

Highly Recommended