Thursday, November 19, 2009

Resurfacing

[26,023 / 50,000]

I resurface this week just in time for the Project Runway Season 6 Finale. These are the important things in life. However the important things dissapoint when, for the first time in six seasons, I really dislike the winning designer.

They say that there are over 100,000 aps for the iPhone. That's kinda scary. How are you supposed to find the one that will help you?

Essentially, my response to everything is "I'm workin on it."

I have about 26,000 words on my NaNoNovel. This means I've broken the halfway point today! Although, if you'll look at the calendar, you'll notice that we're about four days past the halfway point of the month.

I have the week of Thanksgiving "off." This means that I will grade papers, read proposals, proofread the next issue of Third Coast, grade more essays and catch up on my NaNoProject, go to two Thanksgivings and work Black Friday in my aunt's shop. No sweat, right?

4 comments:

Aquarius said...

Re: Irina. Do you dislike her designs, or her as a person? It's hard to tell from just a show, but no matter how talented, she always seemed mean-spirited.

Jud said...

Well, I can't comment on the show, I am a fan of Top Chef, myself.

I understand your plans for next week. I think I will be working from home next week myself.

Eileen Wiedbrauk said...

Re: Irina's designs are nice enough but she's very mean spirited. She has to be the first reality TV show person to say "I'm not here to make friends" and then win the contest.

Re: Top Chef. I'm watching that too. And, actually, the final four are the four that I guessed back at the beginning of the season. :)

Emily J. Griffin said...

I just watched the finale on DVR, I could not agree MORE!


Irina is good, really they all are good designers, but I wasn't drawn to her pieces. Minus the hats, there was no personality in her designs. Nothing distinguishing. I also thought they were incongruous with her work over the entire show. I thought she simply kept giving them what she thought they wanted in challenges, rather than having her own POV.

I loved Carol Hannah! I loved her fairytale/whimsy motif, though I do see where she could have tied it together more obviously. There are some great nymph/fairy tropes she could've employed.. a tinkerbell nod or two.

Eileen Wiedbrauk - New Blog Posts

What I'm Reading Now

Highly Recommended

Tweet Coffee