Monday, April 13, 2009

Movies

So I broke down and reactivated my Netflix account. I think it was a good move for me. Much more rewarding than when I spent the same amount of money on a newspaper subscription.

What I saw this weekend was Ghost Town and it was much more delightful than I thought it was going to be. I don't want to say too much about it because the true delight in this film is that it's just different enough to make you stop and take notice. It could easily become cheesy or cliche or wander in to any variety of things that "have been done" but it didn't. It kept my attention throughout. And I even cried at one point. Although I cry at Kodak commercials; you know, the one where the little girl holds up the picture from the 1940s of a woman pitching a baseball to her grandmother and asks "Grandma, can you still through like that?" yeah, I get all sorts of sloppy and it's only a 30 second commercial.

Highly Recommended