Sunday, August 24, 2008

Barebones

I made it to the new city and the new apartment. Thankfully I had a whole posse of people helping me lift and tote and assemble.

The place looks really good. Only two big boxes left unpacked -- okay, one big box one really big box left -- and a bunch of smaller boxes which are mostly books. Oh, and all my clothes are hodgepodge. I might end up dressing "cute" tomorrow simply because those are the clothes on top: cute ones and ones suitable for playing basketball not meeting your new boss even if it is an academic setting.

As for my neighbors? I think every male between the ages of 19 and 24 whose hobbies include drinking and weight lifting have moved in around me. I have seen probably a half dozen women who look like they live here and probably two dozen cocky-as-shit pieces of eye candy wandering around.

That's all for now. Tomorrow morning begins my crash course on how to teach a college writing class.

Highly Recommended