Monday, December 31, 2007

FYI: Deadline Change

The Kenyon Review is closing its reading period four weeks earlier than planned!

Meaning what? That all of us who procrastinated will be screwed come Jan. 5 not Jan. 31.

Although at this point (where they've already placed stories for Summer 2009) what are your odds of making that Summer 2009 cut? I think I might just have to save and polish my pieces for when they reopen their reading period Sep. 1, 2008.

Kenyon Review Writer's Workshop is still accepting applications. Apply for the the most amazing week of writing ever! Okay, I'm biased, but I had a really good time in '07 and hope the program does just as well in '08. Oh, and I also hope that I can attend, but I'm willing to skip Kenyon if I can spend my luck on an MFA acceptance letter. *Hopin' n Prayin'*

Highly Recommended