Monday, May 07, 2007

The Books Outside the Store

I feel sorry for the books that the big chain bookstores put out on the sidewalk or in between the doors of their entryways. All those books sitting on carts and rolling shelving units outside of the security sensors says “we don’t care if someone steals you”. Those are the books I feel bad for. They’re books. They made it. They grew from some small idea, someone invested time in them (and then money!) and now they’re not even good enough to bring in within the safety of circled wagons.

I feel bad for them. Almost to the point where I want to buy them just to raise their self-esteem and make them feel like someone believes they’re worthy. But then I look at what they are and know there’s no way I’d spend money on them either.

But I still feel sad for them; it’s not their fault they’re crappy books.

Highly Recommended